We’re looking for a
Community Engagement Enthusiast ????
to join our team in Canberra!
Clickability is a website where disability customers can go to find support services, and rate and review them. It was founded by two passionate social workers as a grassroots project and has grown over the past two years into a team of six, operating across Victoria and NSW and with your help across ACT too! Clickability is a great tool, but we know we can’t just put up a website and expect the community to use it. There’s a massive amount of work we need to do to help people understand their consumer rights, and how to enact them.
About the role
We’re looking for someone with experience in community engagement to work with us in Canberra. Clickability’s expansion into the ACT is part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme’s (NDIS) Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) funding.
The successful applicant will take on local delivery and assist with reporting. We want you to know or be willing to get to know the disability community. The successful applicant will be encouraged to find innovative ways creating partnerships with consumers, carers and other stakeholders.
Specifically, you will
- Identify opportunities to work in collaboration with the local community to achieve Clickability’s goals of information sharing and consumer empowerment;
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with service providers, networks, and peak bodies in your region;
- Facilitate workshops, consultations, and other capacity-building activities with consumers, carers, professionals and other stakeholders;
- Generate interest in Clickability by identifying and creating networking opportunities including conferences and expos;
- Communicate with service providers, networks and peak bodies about what Clickability can offer their community;
- Contribute to the development of educational resources and/or services to further support the community to use Clickability;
- Assist in the collection of outcome measurement and data collection over the span of the pilot program.
As a member of the Clickability team, you need to…
- Appreciate the challenges of living with disability and understand the NDIS environment
- Believe in our vision and our mission
- Have excellent communication skills, love for people, and enjoy collaborating
- Be resilient, self-reliant, have a proactive attitude and be able to work autonomously
- Have a high level of digital literacy and confidence using various software packages
- Be flexible and willing to grow and develop your role as our company grows and develops – we are a start-up after all!
The Community Engagement Enthusiast…
- Has proven experience and a track record of success in community engagement
- Enjoys creative problem-solving and can demonstrate their ability to develop imaginative strategic solutions
- Has proven leadership experience and ability to work autonomously
- Preferably has a relevant tertiary qualification
Workplace: We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and will do our best to work around any access needs you have. We encourage people with disability to apply for this role. We have a remote workforce with team members based in Melbourne, Geelong, Sydney and Queensland and offer the ability to work from home or shared working spaces. You need to be available for regular and ad hoc online team meetings and annual Melbourne-based workshops. You will need to be able to travel across the ACT to network or attend conferences and events.
Hours and Pay: This part time (0.4–0.6FTE) position is being offered at SACS Award level 3 pay point 1. Hours are flexible as suits the candidate. It is a 7-month contract with the possibility of extension.
Supervision: We use a social work supervision model. The purpose is to take regular time out to celebrate successes, reflect on how the role’s going, any challenges you’re experiencing, and identify any support or professional development you might need to do your job to the best of your ability.
Awesome! How do I apply? To apply, send your CV plus a killer 2-minute video or audio recording, or a one-page letter to Aviva at [email protected] Address the criteria above and tell us what you’d bring to the role. Keep it short and sweet. You can send any questions to the same place.